S1E20: "My Markup Brings All the Parsers to the Yard"
|Previous Episode||Next Episode|
|S1E19: "I Died but This Department Won't"||S1E21: "Seedy End"|
|Recorded (UTC)||Aired (UTC)||Editor|
|2016-11-10 03:34:52||2016-11-21 04:35:46||"Edita"|
We talk about ideal data formatting to use. The birth of the “JOML” inside joke.
Starts at 4m28s.
- Shitshow recording date/time: December 7, 2016 2100EST
- See the events page for more info!
- Lenovo finally makes Yoga 900 series Linux-compatible.
- Not only do Samsung phones explode/catch on fire, their washing machines do also!
- There’s a PoC for bypassing 2FA on OWA/Office365.
- The new Macbook Pro only has 16GB of RAM because of “battery life”.
- Ubuntu livepatched a fix for Dirty Cow.
- GitHub had a leak of private repositories. Oops.
Starts at 20m10s.
- WAR OF THE DATA: XML? JSON? YAML?
- The tweet I reference is here.
- I mention at some point the standalone JSON parser/formatter/pretty-printer, jshon.
- Key takeaways:
- Use YAML if you like whitespace (and whitespace-defined) data
- Use XML if you like more robust data structures/more flexibility
- Use JSON if you want something easily parsed PURELY by machines- no human eyes will need to look at it
In this segment, we highlight system administration mistakes. Think of them as the IT equivalent of the Darwin Awards. (57m00s)
|Intro||Warm's the New Cool||Brother JT||click||CC-BY-NC 3.0||Outro||The Atomic Age (Salvador Dali)||MindsEye||click||CC-BY 4.0|