S5E22: "Shitshow VI: Shitshow Island"
|Previous Episode||Next Episode|
|S5E21: "What Goes Around Comes Around"|
|Recorded (UTC)||Aired (UTC)||Editor|
|2020-12-10 06:45:01||2020-12-21 02:10:54||r00t^2|
The ending for Season 5!
A reminder that shitshows are NOT a good indication of the show; it’s more of a party. If you’re more interested in actual content (and episodes that aren’t 4.5 hours long…), check out previous non-Shitshow episodes. Thanks for all who joined- the regular Hosts, Beaches, Dranx, Forge, Kateo, Nosbig, and Taters!
Just the Tip
- “Use Signal, use Tor.”
Starts at 14m52s.
I was drinking Boone’s Farm sangria and the Excelsior Classic Cabernet Sauvignon (talk about a low and a high in quality). Paden was drinking PBR. Jthan was drinking Michelob Ultra. Dranx was drinking (I think) a Burnley Brewing lager (If I had to guess, based on their current selection, it was their Vienna Lager) and a tiny little bottle of Buffalo Trace’s Eagle Rare. Forge was drinking water (“PBR Lite”). Kate had wine in the fridge this year, but was drinking a Blake’s cider flavored with strawberry and kiwi (it seems to no longer be offered by them/was probably a limited run) with a vodka redbull in the fridge. Nosbig was drinking water. Beaches was not drinking anything.
- Jthan wants to know if ducks and tractors “cancel each other out”.
- Jthan is afraid of birds. And sea cucumbers.
- John McAfee (yes, the guy that wrote the antivirus program way back) did indeed fuck a whale (or at least claimed to).
- No, Jthan, you can’t get a refund on a degree.
- Kate asked us what our favourite episodes of S5 were.
- We talk about CentOS moving towards CentOS Stream-only and the benefits/disadvantages of having that in prod.
- I think the IBM linux distro I was thinking of is PowerKVM.
- I mentioned to… Nosbig or Forge, I can’t remember, that there’s a hardware switchable QWERT/DVORAK keyboard.
- Nosbig also let us know there’s a keyboard that has individual displays per key.
- Jthan doesn’t know how babby is formed.
- Jthan actually did break Sysbot.
- Forge still has Jthan’s VPN noise.
- Beaches told us about Pax, but I forgot to mention that GNU tar supports a similar feature.
- Nosbig told us about Netbox.
- Taters was disappointed in the lack of genital customization and physics in Cyberpunk 2077.
- I helped with TASGiving – they raised 10k! Congrats, guys!
In this segment, Jthan shares with you a little slice of life. The title is a reference to this video. (2m16s in)
Starts at 4h26m05s.
Jthan just wants you to have a happy and healthy/safe holiday season.
- “Is your clam ready for my linquine?” is from Zapped Again! which I was wrong about – it actually came out in 1990, not the 80’s. (The predecessor however did come out in the early 80’s.)
- My vape is an Innokin Proton with Plex tank.
- At 1h14m26s, I listened to my isolated audio track. I said “Jthan, would you rather fight a tractor full of ducks or a *tractor*-sized duck?” I think everyone heard Paden talking at the same time as me and thought I said “a duck-sized duck”. I CAN PROVIDE EVIDENCE. I SAID A TRACTOR-SIZED DUCK.
- THE GASLIGHTING IS REAL.
|Intro||Lens||Eko Fisk||click||CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0||Outro||RE-VIEW 3||Floating Mind||click||CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0|