S5E15: "Writings on the WALL(1)"
|Previous Episode||Next Episode|
|S5E14: "Self-Projection"||S5E16: "SLAPD-Happy"|
|Recorded (UTC)||Aired (UTC)||Editor|
|2020-09-03 02:52:20||2020-09-13 05:11:07||"Edita"|
In this episode, we make various predictions about the WORLD OF TOMORROW! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiwA0JrGfjA)
Just the Tip
- Paden recommends The Illustrated TLS Connection.
Starts at 20m46s.
I was drinking water. Paden was drinking Diet Dr. Pepper. Jthan was drinking Bacardi rum and coke.
- TAAAALES OF TOMORROWWWWW! We make predictions about the future of tech.
- He wants real flying cars, not turbines.
- Gbps synchronous mobile towers/devices.
- 16K TVs.
- No bandwidth caps globally (residential ISPs, mobile carriers, etc.).
- Wireless servers.
- I think there’s going to be a huge boom post-covid in fulltime remote position opportunities.
- I think PHP will go the way of Perl 5 (Perl “proper”).
- I also think RoR is going to die as well.
- Languages will continue to try to take C’s place. I’m not sure if they’ll succeed or not, but the effort to do so will grow.
- He accidentally “invented” the blade server.
- More realistically, he thinks AMD will overtake Intel in the server CPU markets.
- Jthan thinks servers are going to be “more” “modular”…
- And also more part refurbishing…
- And solar-powered.
In this segment, Jthan shares with you a little slice of life. The title is a reference to this video. (2m16s in)
Starts at 56m 34s.
Jthan asks why someone would use X.509 with their monitoring. I explain that it offers not only secrecy/privacy but also integrity.
- Patrick Warburton was indeed in an M&Ms commercial.
- Jthan did not understand it sufficiently.
- He also released a video.
- Calibre still officially isn’t really ported over to python 3 yet, but the effort seems to be underway.
- Paden mentioned to Jthan and I on Discord that it’s not actually New Jersey with the most solar power. It’s actually California.
|Intro||Fu-Up-Jump||Spectacular Sound Productions||click||CC-BY-SA 4.0||Outro||B||Semaphore||click||CC-BY 4.0|
Categories Season Five
There are currently no comments on this article.