S4E20: "Taters Gonna Tate"
|Previous Episode||Next Episode|
|Recorded (UTC)||Aired (UTC)||Editor|
|2019-11-14 04:04:00||2019-11-25 05:04:11||"Edita"|
We have Taters on to talk about Windows systems administration from his past, and security from his present.
Patches gonna patch.
Just the Tip
- Paden found a list of ‘20 Linux commands every sysadmin should know’. We disagree.
Starts at 18m19s.
I was drinking a Victory Dirtwolf. Paden was drinking Buckeye vodka, Miller Lite, and SweetWater IPA. Jthan was drinking Bushnell’s whiskey with Schweppes’ ginger ale. Taters was drinking Diet Barq’s Root Beer and The Kraken rum.
- Guest: Taters!
- This is mostly discussion and perspective; just as with most of our guest episodes, we invite you to listen to the episode instead as it isn’t exactly a particular “topic”!
- Taters does PM for TASBot.
- Taters also says that the most important thing to know is how you personally learn the best.
- Taters and Patches (Paden) also talk a lot about… patching.
- You can hear more about employee incentives for security goals in S2E18.
In this segment, Jthan shares with you a little slice of life. The title is a reference to this video. (2m16s in)
Starts at 1h7m0s.
Is a job at a high-profile company (with title and history being somewhat obscured by NDA) considered a benefit or a disadvantage on a resumé? What community/extracurricular boosts does the Windows hiring environment have?
- There was some strange delay issues during recording; as such, Taters’ track is sometimes about 1 second ahead and he’s a little hard to hear under our responses as a result. We apologize.
- Sweetwater was definitely a band that played at Woodstock.
- Apparently the verb form of mutiny is mutiny.
|Intro||Panorama||Faserklang||click||CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0||Outro||IP Man Dub||Foshan Roots||click||CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0|