RTFM1: CHALLENGE #2
If you’re unfamiliar with our ongoing contest, go read more about it!
The second challenge:
- What are the fields for each shadow entry on a Linux system’s /etc/shadow file?
- What are the valid encryption methods for a salted hash in the shadow file?
- How are they represented?
In order to be a valid answer, you must provide all relevant man pages and section names the information can be found it. Once you’ve found the answer, make sure to send it in!
- Challenge #1 is still active!
- Challenge #3 is still active!
- You must make sure all your answers are in by December 5, 2017 0000UTC!
There are currently no comments on this article.