RTFM1: CHALLENGE #3
If you’re unfamiliar with what this is, you should first read more about it!
The third, last, and probably most obscure challenge:
There is a a certain software used in bioinformatics. This software, when used on a certain opensource parallelized filesystem commonly used in HPC environments (but also occurs on NFS), fails to create certain directories.
- What is the name of this software?
- What is the name of the filesystem this issue occurs on?
- What is the URL of the GitHub issue that reports this?
- What is the root cause of this issue (which file and line numbers) referenced in the issue?
- What is a link to the pull request that fixes this issue, and does it now exist in the software’s source?
In order to be a valid answer, you must provide all sources where the information can be found it for each question. Once you’ve found the answer, make sure to send it in!
- Challenge #1 is still active!
- Challenge #2 is still active!
- You must make sure all your answers are in by December 5, 2017 0000UTC!