S2E16: "Playin' Cornhole"
|Previous Episode||Next Episode|
|S2E15: "Playing HopskotSSH"||S2E17: "Garden of Deloittes"|
|Recorded (UTC)||Aired (UTC)||Editor|
|2017-09-14 02:17:56||2017-09-24 15:41:55||"Edita"|
In this episode we discuss some LinkedIn open-source software, a TON of system metrics tools, and the huge Equifax fail. The birth of the “Amir” inside joke.
- You’ve probably (hopefully) heard of BlueBorne by now.
- We found a demonstration of breaking the x86 instruction set.
- It finally happened someone was imprisoned for selling VPNs in China. We mentioned China and VPNs in S1E5.
- Note that some of the terminology, language, etc. is mangled in the article; either due to mistranslation or to avoid being indexed and detected by China’s content filtering crawlers.
- Some of the legal action against Lenovo is coming to a head.
- There has been a largescale phishing at MacEwan University (better source).
- Jeremy Pournell has passed.
Starts at 15m34s.
I was drinking Bulleit 10-year bourbon (again). Paden was drinking Glenlivet again. Jthan was drinking Denver Brewing Company’s Princess Yum-Yum.
- Apparently LinkedIn has F/OSS. who knew?
- System Metrics (18m22s)
- Idea for topic came from this thread (my post) and this thread too (relavant posts: 1, 2)
- iptraf and iptraf-ng
- iperf2 and iperf3 (if you need a iperf target server, I run both an iperf2 and iperf3 instance on my mirror)
- iostat (part of sysstat)
- Paden/Jthan: Hey, knuckleheads – according to a shownotes search, we have not talked about glances on the show ever.
- There’s also netdata, nethogs, and nmon.
- I also talk about my mirror (47m25s)
In this segment, we highlight system administration mistakes. Think of them as the IT equivalent of the Darwin Awards. (40m56s)
Equifax is just a cacophany of fail. We don’t even know where to begin, so here’s a link dump:
Additionally, Netscape Navigator is even mentioned on their site. Netscape. Navigator.
- When talking about speedtest-cli, I thought it might provide XML output. It does not, but it DOES indeed offer CSV or JSON results output.
- I didn’t even bother including Jthan’s paste
- I said it was “mirror.square-r00t.com” – it’s actually mirror.square-r00t.NET, oops. :)
|Intro||Ocean Ending||Soft and Furious||click||CC0 1.0||Outro||Love to Last a Lifetime||Pisces||click||CC-BY-SA 4.0|
Categories Season Two
There are currently no comments on this article.