S1E20: "My Markup Brings All the Parsers to the Yard"
|Previous Episode||Next Episode|
|S1E19: "I Died but This Department Won't"||S1E21: "Seedy End"|
|Recorded (UTC)||Aired (UTC)||Editor|
|2016-11-10 03:34:52||2016-11-21 04:35:46||"Edita"|
We talk about ideal data formatting to use. The birth of the “JOML” inside joke.
Starts at 4m28s.
- Shitshow recording date/time: December 7, 2016 2100EST
- See the events page for more info!
- Lenovo finally makes Yoga 900 series Linux-compatible.
- Not only do Samsung phones explode/catch on fire, their washing machines do also!
- There’s a PoC for bypassing 2FA on OWA/Office365.
- The new Macbook Pro only has 16GB of RAM because of “battery life”.
- Ubuntu livepatched a fix for Dirty Cow.
- GitHub had a leak of private repositories. Oops.
Starts at 20m10s.
Jthan was drinking Stranahan’s Whiskey. Paden was drinking Glenfiddich 12. I was drinking water.
- WAR OF THE DATA: XML? JSON? YAML?
- The tweet I reference is here.
- I mention at some point the standalone JSON parser/formatter/pretty-printer, jshon.
- Key takeaways:
- Use YAML if you like whitespace (and whitespace-defined) data
- Use XML if you like more robust data structures/more flexibility
- Use JSON if you want something easily parsed PURELY by machines- no human eyes will need to look at it
In this segment, we highlight system administration mistakes. Think of them as the IT equivalent of the Darwin Awards. (57m00s)
Poor Level3 suffered a massive DDoS – oh, wait- no, they didn’t. They misconfigured their BGP. Nice one.
|Intro||Warm's the New Cool||Brother JT||click||CC-BY-NC 3.0||Outro||The Atomic Age (Salvador Dali)||MindsEye||click||CC-BY 4.0|
Categories Season One
There are currently no comments on this article.