S1E13: "A Challenger Appears (Again)!"
|Previous Episode||Next Episode|
|S1E12: "Fight for Your Right (to Parity)"||S1E14: "The HOPE Campaign"|
|Recorded (UTC)||Aired (UTC)||Editor|
|2016-08-04 03:17:57||2016-08-15 02:40:58||"Edita"|
In this episode, we hear some counterarguments about why certifications might have some validity in our field from our guest Matt Crape (who according to Paden sounds like Gerard Butler. I think he sounds a little bit like a higher-pitched H. Jon Benjamin).
Starts at 5m40s.
- For Windows 10’s anniversary, they released an update! …That may delete partitions. Especially for those dual-booters out there.
- Banner Health was compromised, releasing health records, SSNs, and credit card data. (adblocker users beware)
- Charles Schwab (yes, that one) says Chrome OS > Windows 10.
- Lenovo.com seems to be under the impression that only alphanumeric is good entropy
- FOSSCON 2016 is coming! (REALLY SOON. This coming Saturday, the 20th!)
Starts at 12m43s.
- We invited Matt on for an interactive response to our S0E3 episode in which we talk about certifications and we (myself and Jthan) take the stance that certs are kind of pointless. Matt aims to prove us wrong.
- Shoutout to Matt Simmons, who ran the original Sysadministrivia podcast (though they only had something like 4 episodes).
- You should go to/join LOPSA.
- I mention my own blog.
- If you’re curious about the Red Hat certification abbreviations we were throwing around, you can view them here.
- Jthan’s site still is showing an Nginx default page. Mine is, as promised, ugly.
In this segment, we highlight system administration mistakes. Think of them as the IT equivalent of the Darwin Awards. (1h17m00s)
- Jthan introduced himself as “sausage” because during the pre-recording meeting we were joking about “seeing how the sausage is made” for the podcast.
|Intro||Sorry||Comfort Fit||click||CC-BY-NC-ND 3.0||Outro||Jazz Club||Kriss||click||CC-BY-ND 3.0|